Background

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Chapter 5 - The Able Sisters

The next day in Acrewood was cloudy and overcast, but Rayni was excited to discover a new flower in bloom in her garden. Pink cosmos had spawned from the red and white flowers around her house. She decided to pick them on her way home and put them on display in her house, hybrid flowers were definitely something to be proud of!


She made her way up to the Able sisters shop following her map, but on her way came across a cute little log cabin which she was sure she had not seen before, she knocked on the door and waited polity.
A pink and white spotted rabbit answered the door and greeted her.
"Oh BUNNY! You must be Rayni! So nice to meet you! I am Chrissy."
Chrissy invited Rayni inside. She was very excitable and seemed to love the fact she had a guest.
"Well make yourself at home sparkles! Hey Rayni do you know how to cook peach pie?"
Rayni had only ever cooked apple pie before, and was very interested to learn a new recipe.
Chrissy invited her to stay, and they spent the morning getting to know each other whilst baking treats in Chrissy's lovely kitchen.


Feeling happy and full of delicious treats Rayni said farewell to Chrissy, glad to have a new friend in Acrewood. She pulled out her map and followed the pathway up to the top of the town where she came across the Able Sisters clothes shop.

Excited to have a clothes shop in Acrewood Rayni let herself in.
A friendly looking Hedgehog Mable greeted Rayni as she entered the shop.
"Hello! It is nice to see a new face in town! I am Mable, and this is my older sister Sable"
Sable was sewing away making garments in the corner of the shop.
"Oh how lovely these clothes are!" said Rayni, as she happily browsed the garments on display.
"Well I am glad that you like them Rayni" Sable replied, "But truth be told we are having trouble making ends meet at the moment, we simply cannot produce the amount of clothes we need!"


"Oh no, I would hate for the shop to have to close!" Rayni exclaimed.
"Is there anything I could do to help?" She asked.
"Thank you Rayni, but do not worry yourself we cannot ask anything of you! You must be still finding your feet in a new town, no need to lumber yourself with our woes!" Sable replied.
"But Sable, I would be happy to help! I love designing! I visited the city yesterday, and can only dream of becoming a designer like Gracie! There is nothing I want more!"
Sable and Mable exchanged a knowing look between them. 
"Well Rayni, my friend Brewster did tell me you have quite an interest in designing. If you really do want to become a designer, then we would be glad to help, and having an extra pair of hands would definitely help us to fill out our display stands with more outfits!"
"Oh thank you! You will not regret this! I will make plenty of new designs for you!" Rayni could not believe her luck! And Brewster! She vowed one day she would find a way to repay his kindness.

Rayni spent the next few days happily designing away in her little house. She came up with some beautiful dresses.


She continued to visit the Able Sisters shop everyday, forming firm friendships with Mable and Sable.
"Oh Rayni, what wonderful designs! Thank you so much for all your help, you must be working so hard to have produced so many new outfits!" Sable said.


"Well Rayni I think it is time we displayed some of those wonderful clothes of yours, don't you?" asked Mable.
"Oh that would be great!" said Rayni, very excited to see her clothes designs in a shop!
Together they filled the stands with Rayni's new outfits and designs.
"Hopefully having new displays will bring us more business! You are a very talented designer Rayni, I don't know what we ever did without you! Sable and I are certainly grateful of your partnership." Mable said.

With the new display complete Rayni made her way home, but not before calling in at her usual pit stop the Roost.
"Well, my dear Rayni! I hear that you have become quite a great designer!" Brewster greeted her.
"Oh Brewster, I am having such a great time making new outfits! Mable and I put together the first display of my clothes today! I do hope they sell!"
Rayni took a seat as Brewster poured her some of his special blend.


"How ever can I thank you?" She asked him.
"Thank me? now whatever would you have to do that for?" Brewster cooed.
"Sable told me you phoned her, and let her know of my great interest in designing! It's all down to you that I have my designs in their shop!"
"I think, dear Rayni that that is actually due to your talent!"
"Well Brewster, I really do appreciate you asking her to take a chance on me."
"It was my pleasure Rayni, I am sure that Sable and Mable are only too glad to have an extra pair of hands."

As Rayni walked home she noticed the little yellow bird she often heard chirping on top of the bullitin board outside the town hall.
She read a notice saying that tomorrow there would be a festival in the town!
How exciting she thought! Things were definitely looking up in Acrewood!

xxx

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad i happened to stumble upon this blog-it's probably the best animal crossing blog i've ever read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm Ebbie and I found your post on animalcrossingcommunity.com about animal crossing blogs. I made mine about 2 days ago so its not brilliant, but I hope it gets as good as urs!! Mine's

    www.animalcrossingebbie.blogspot.com

    Please check it out and tell me what u think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog inspired me so much! It's just so cool to read your ACCf stories :)

    I've also an ACCF blog:
    AnimalCrossing3DS.Blogspot.com

    Hope you like it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I love this blog. :)
    Hey do you mind checking my first AC blog
    Make-uprehab.blogspot.com...
    I'm currently looking for roosters and AC bloggers who I can feature in my next blog... you interested?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this blog!
    in fact i have a site,
    http://animalcrossingstyles.spruz.com/
    which you will like!
    could you join?:)

    ReplyDelete